3D blu-ray

Sorry if this has been covered before but does anyone know when 3D blu-ray is going to supported as my player is on its way out?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No. No one knows.

Nope, however I'm assuming that microsoft is planning to do a big update before March seeing as how there's a few things need fixing when it comes to the online and quiet possibly Xb1's biggest game, titanfall, comes out in March, so if they do add it in then be expecting it in Feb. or Jan.

[quote user="mr nick monkey"]Sorry if this has been covered before but does anyone know when 3D blu-ray is going to supported as my player is on its way out?

[/quote]

Why not buy a 3D blu-ray player its not like they cost much and the Xbox One uses software for Blu-ray playback unlike proper Blu-ray players.

All Blu-ray players use software for playback. It is called firmware and generally is user updateable. The Xbox One is a proper Blu-ray player that has issues at the moment. Lip sync and no 3D playback among them.

Yeah I would like these fixed so I can move the PS3 into another room to use when the wife is using the main TV but as for now I still need it for 3D blu rays.

[quote user="Jayadub"]

All Blu-ray players use software for playback. It is called firmware and generally is user updateable. The Xbox One is a proper Blu-ray player that has issues at the moment. Lip sync and no 3D playback among them.

[/quote]

I don't need to download an app to use my Blu-ray player and it updates its own firmware.

Neither the Xbox One nor the PS4 can play 3D Blu-Rays yet. It will be aded to both later on I presume. If people are having issues with jumping movies or lip-sync issues, have you tried enabling the 24 frames option in the Blu-Ray settings, to see if that helps?

[quote user="William YZF R1"] Why not buy a 3D blu-ray player its not like they cost much and the Xbox One uses software for Blu-ray playback unlike proper Blu-ray players.[/quote]

What a nice and useless response:

Basically, "Why not spend an extra $150 on top of the $500 you already spent. It's not like money is anything..."

[quote user="FoeHammer117"]

What a nice and useless response:

Basically, "Why not spend an extra $150 on top of the $500 you already spent. It's not like money is anything..."

[/quote]

What a not nice and useless response.

Once upon a time BR players were very expensive in the UK and a cheap alternative was a PS3 but nowadays you can buy a branded BR player for > £50 in the UK and it does a much better job than a PS3.

I cannot believe that in the USA you would have to pay $150, I would guess it would be more like $50.

So man up & spend a few more dollars 3D playback could be a long time coming. 

Well technically you don't need to download an "app" for Blu-ray players, because it is PREINSTALLED. That's the only difference, except that the Blu-ray player has only one app.

-

Don't splash out, 3D support will arrive in 2014. Besides, most TVs can "upscale" from 2D to 3D.