'Xbox LIVE Profiles can't be downloawded right now...' (80070005)

I was about to play a game of fifa against someone I know when my xbox crashed! It's happened before, nothing is perfect so I restart it and there is no auto sign-in and it's asking me to sign in to a selection of profiles: my dads and sisters which are the ones on the memory unit; none of my profiles which are located on my hard drive are there so i look in 'Storage' via settings and it says my hard drive is not configured. So I decide to download my profile as it would be easier than fixing my HDD but it pops up with a message:

"Sorry, Xbox LIVE profiles can't be

downloaded righ now. Try again later.

<OK>"

I try this a couple of times and enter the wrong password on purpose just to check it came up with a different error and it did telling me the WLID and password combination was wrong etc.

Then to check it wasn't my connection I downloaded an acouunt i have not used in months because it is silver and that one downloads fine and lets me online in the dashboard just fine, so I am currently open for suggestions.

Any help at all would be appreciated, let me know if I have not been clear as I am sometimes hard to understand but for now I am going to follow what the error message said and "Try again later."

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

is this problem for all accounts or one certain account? you could be banned.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well that might be a problem if you can't download a banned profile but I think they send you an e-mail which I haven't recevied

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd stay away from anything FIFA...since the major hacking of their severs some months ago I think everyone has problems with that game.  The servers should just be closed down...

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah the servers are the worst that I have ever played on but PES is rubbish compared to FIFA, in my opinion

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there nemesisss! Have you tried disconnecting your router or modem as it may be your internet connection. If it's not that, somebody might have hacked into your account. If you find out someone has hacked your profile, call Xbox live support and they should be able to recover it for you. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I remembered I had a backup of this account of ages ago the gamer score was 5,000 lower than what it currently is so when I tried to sign in to Xbox live it said my membership info was wrong which it was so i tried to download it again and it did!

However my HDD is still unformatted which can be solved by formatting it, but doing this also deletes everything on my hard drive: my virtual pro (FIFA), my Guitar Hero progress and my fallout new vegas character.

Sorry this didn't help.