'Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later. Code: 80150100' error message after signing in

Hello,

When signing on my Xbox Live account today and updating my security on the 'Add Security' screen that pops up, I receive the following error message;

'Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later. Code: 80150100'

I looked on the Xbox Support website to see if I was able to find a reason/resolution to this message but I only came across a a  web page that wasn't relevant to the problem I was having (it was related to receiving the '80150100' code when trying to access the marketplace). 

Then I thought that the issue was with the connection to Xbox Live so I signed out of my Xbox Live account and tested the wireless connection to my router and the test that it performs, came back as successful for all the areas you can pass on.  

I know this issue is not a problem with my profile because I changed my password for my account today and it synchronised with my profile immediately as I was able to use the new password straight away!

Also, the weird thing I found was that when I am not signed into my Xbox Live account, it can connect to Xbox Live and when I'm signed into my Xbox Live account, it can't connect to the server. 

Any help would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

the Xbox live service is not working currently - track the error here: Xbox.com/status

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am having the same problems. I was playing about 15-20 minutes ago and boom, back to dashboard and "Disconnected from xbox live" My friend just told me something, he said that the xbox live servers are down at the moment. There might be a possible update being uploaded to the xbox live servers. Hopefully it passes quickly....

~Mike~

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.