'Slim' Flashing middle light / Not reading discs / Tray malfunctioning

This is my 4th xbox in five year lads, just barely over the year old and unfortunately my last. Three of them have packed it in two months after the warranty, and the first problem you said you wouldnt fix (e174) so I binned it, then later I find out you changed your mind about fixing e174 due to legal reasons and the amount of people having the same issue. The answer I got was the more pleasant version of 'tough luck you shouldn't have binned it.'

Really enjoyed my gaming on the xbox but honestly, the hardware is dirt and always has been. I couldn't justify spending money on another, maybe I should have took the hint years ago. I'm keeping the three consoles and receipts in storage, because I know in time the truth will come out about them being made to break down. 

Still, I'm going to keep looking for a solution to the problem, what else can I do?  I've gone through all the rest and my gut and the net tells me the cd drive has failed after the one year same as the rest.

Anyway, thanks and good luck to all the staff here. It definitely isn't your fault. Just wanted to share that story, I know I won't be alone in experiencing the above.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: