360slim 1 year and twenty days, DEAD ! SOLID RED LIGHT! RED DOT OF DEATH ! NOT A POWER SUPPLY ISSUE

SO IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN...AS WITH MY FIRST 360 ELITE 250GB NOW THE 360S 250GB KINECT BUNDLE  HAS INCURRED A FATAL ERROR! HAS WORKED OK SINCE I GOT IT 1/1/11 EXCEPT FOR THE KINECT SENSOR BEING TROUBLESOME WHICH FINALLY I DISCONNECTED AND PACKED AWAY AND NEVER USED AGAIN AS WELL AS THE GAMES I GOT TO GO WITH IT!. I HAVE NOW GOT A CONSOLE WITH A SOLID RED LIGHT AFTER CALLING SUPPORT AND TROUBLESHOOTING THEY DECIDED IT WAS A POWER SUPPLY ISSUE AND I SENT THEM MINE AND 2-3 WEEKS LATER I HAVE A NEW POWER SUPPLY BUT THAT WAS NOT THE PROBLEM ! I HAVE THE SAME SOLID RED LIGHT WHEN I POWER UP NO ERROR SCREEN, NO DRIVE SPIN UP THE FAN RUNS FOR A SPLIT SECOND THEN STOPS THE LIGHT ON THE POWER SUPPLY GOES FROM ORANGE TO GREEN FOR A SPLIT SECOND THEN ORANGE AGAIN!! NOW IM SUPPOSED TO PAY $99.99 FOR ONLINE REPAIR TO BE FILED AND$119.99 TO FILE IT OVER THE PHONE AND SEND THE CONSOLE BACK FOR REPAIR PAY UP WAIT A MONTH OR SO JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE!!!  I HAVE BEEN UNDER DOCTORS CARE FOR THE LAST YEAR AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO WORK FOR THE LAST YEAR, SIMPLY CANT AFFORD TO SEND IT IN ! IT IS MY PRIMARY SORCE OF ENTERTAINMENT ! THIS CONSOLE IS ONLY JUST OVER A YEAR OLD JUST OUT OF WARRANTY!WHAT A RIP OFF I GUESS I WILL PUT IT WITH THE PILE(6 NOW 7) OF OTHER MICROSOFT MACHINES THAT INCURRED A FATAL ERROR BEFORE THEIR TIME! IM ALL PAID UP FOR ANOTHER 7 MONTHS ON MY GOLD LIVE ACCT AND NOW FOR THE NEXT YEAR OF MW3 ELITE WHAT A WASTE! THANKS AGAIN MICROSOFT TOO BAD FOR ME! HEY AT LEAST THEY GOT PAID RIGHT THAT S WHAT COUNTS ! EVEN BEST BUY WONT GIVE A 2YEAR REPLACEMENT PLAN ANY MORE SINCE THE RED RING OF DEATH INCIDENT HIT THEM HARD ! WELL AT LEAST THEY FIXED THAT NOW ITS A RED CENTER LIGHT ONLY,NOW THAT IS PROBLEM SOLVING MICROSOFT STYLE IT APPEARS ! THEY EXTENDED THE WARRANTY FOR THE LAST CONSOLES TO 3YEARS MAYBE AFTER ENOUGH PEOPLE RANT AND BASH LIKE LAST TIME THEY WILL DO THE RIGHT THING AGAIN IM KIND OF DOUBTING IT THAT LAST PROBLEM LOST THEM ALOT OF MONEY AND WE NEED TO MAKE SURE MAJOR CORPO RAT IONS GET THER BOTTOM LINE ATTENDED TO. ITS OBVIOUS THEY NO LONGER CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER.....1 YEAR AND 20 DAYS PATHETIC !!!!!!!!!

I WILL BE POSTING THIS EVERY WHERE I CAN.... IF ANYONE CAN PROVIDE ANY INFO PLEASE DO HELP IM NOT HAPPY TO THROW ABOUT $900.00 IN THE TRASH!!!! OR TO ADD ANOTHER $120.00 OR $99.00

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

Call support they may offer a free repair

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

of course he's mad bro! you would be to I had the same problem with my slim 30 days out of warranty my dvd drive died after never one time playing a game from disc, I just bought a new one and moved on but he got no dough so put yourself in his spot.

Sorry this didn't help.

He's obviously mad bro, you tell by the excessive wall-o'-caps.

-

Seriously though, I know what you mean. Mine failed  (wouldn't read discs) and then died a day after being repaired (red dot of death). I personally didn'tthink all that would happen so soon as I thought that the new Slims had a lower failure rate, but everything can break at any given time you just need to be prepared to deal with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats bad news, kinda makes me wonder if my slim is going to do the same. Bought mine Feb of last year so no more warranty for me either.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, mine has done that too ive tried everything but microsoft has rewened it again, ive had mine for 2 years so annoying i can't get on my xbox nothing else to do now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Quality! If your console is out of warranty, you are still eligible for a paid repair, which would be cheaper than purchasing a new console. Just follow the same steps to set up a repair online (support.xbox.com/.../repair-process) if you would like to take advantage of this option. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.