I have had my 360s for about three weeks now. I had no issues up until about three days ago. Now, whenever I am using the console, it will lock up after a period of time. It does not always happen, can happen after several hours, but can also happen after 10 minutes of the thing being on. When it locks up it either freezes with the screen on and some graphical corruption, or the screen goes black.
This has happened during the following:
1. Playing Black Ops online
2. Playing Gears of War 2 offline
3. Installing Red Dead Redemption to the HDD
4. Viewing downloads from the Live Dashboard
It does not seem restricted to a certain activity and the console still has the green light with 1/4 ring for my active controller.
I have tried the following:
1. Clearing the HDD cache
2. Reformatting the HDD
3. Moving the 360s out of our entertainment center (which is open front and back) onto the hardwood floor with nothing near it.
4. Installing all games to HDD and running them from there
5. Unplugging Kinect
Does anyone have any suggestions for making this thing just work? I just moved from a PS3 after the big Sony issue, but the XBOX has been very troublesome so far.