360 WOES

I am new at this gamming stuff so I guess I'm in deep Kemche.  I purchased a white xbox 360 from a video gaming store used. It will play sometimes, but more often than not I'm trying to load a game, resetting the system over and over, I get red light errors. It will start to come up then freeze.  A lot of digitalization on the screen.  I have the same problems jst trying to get on xbox live, netflix,etc.

Any ideas? Or did I just get ripped off.  Like I said I am totally new to this world of gaming, but I really wanted to get into the online competition. Is this a common occurance? I wouldn't think so.  Well if anyone can give this old Jarhead some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx, Semper Fi

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="hearse 69"]

I am new at this gamming stuff so I guess I'm in deep Kemche.  I purchased a white xbox 360 from a video gaming store used. It will play sometimes, but more often than not I'm trying to load a game, resetting the system over and over, I get red light errors. It will start to come up then freeze.  A lot of digitalization on the screen.  I have the same problems jst trying to get on xbox live, netflix,etc.

Any ideas? Or did I just get ripped off.  Like I said I am totally new to this world of gaming, but I really wanted to get into the online competition. Is this a common occurance? I wouldn't think so.  Well if anyone can give this old Jarhead some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx, Semper Fi

[/quote]

If you are getting 1 -3 red lights coming up on the 360, Chances are it has a hardware failure and you should get your money back from where you bought it. It is quite a common thing with the older 360's yes.

If for some reason you are not able to get your money back, The front panel on the 360 should pull off, If you do that and make sure it has it's silver colour warranty sticker intact and then give Microsoft a ring to see if it's still in it's free warranty period.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Take it back to the store and get it replaced mate. What you have there is a hardware error, more commonly known as E74 (or red rings). It is on its last legs by the sound of it, eventually it will stop working completley and just show the red lights whenever you turn it on, so best to return it now

Sorry this didn't help.

How old is the console? And also 1 red light wil display and an on screen msg will appear. 2 red lights means the console is overheating. 3 red light is a hardware error and 4 red light only exist on the really old consoles (manufatured in late 2005 and 2006) 4 red light is  av cable not detected

Sorry this didn't help.