360 will not disconnect from wireless home network.

Hi, I have searched the forum and support, so I apologize if the answer to this question is in front of my face.

I have been trying to organize and manage my home network to conserve bandwidth and keep my data usage from going over my paid limits. One problem I am having is that when I view my network map, my 360 is ALWAYS connected to the wireless. It shows connected even when the console turned off and unplugged.

Can anyone tell me why this is or if my network device list is just giving me a false positive. I have heard the 360 will pulled up to 15 megs and I cannot afford to keep paying $10 for every 50 gigs I go over on my usage, especially if I am not even using the thing! I have 9 devices on my network and it is the only one that shows as being connected when it is obviously disconnected.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:
Answer

Greetings Approved!

If your console is "unplugged", I can assure you, there's no data being sent, or received, to and from your console, to and from the outside of your local network.

[quote user="ApprovedLyric3"]It shows connected even when the console turned off and unplugged. [/quote]This could be the description, or the presentation layer in the UPnP stack layout which either shows a a client list of connected devices, or the duration for active portmappings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.