360 turning off tv?

I have a 360 attached to a Sanyo tv by HDMI, and occasionally the tv will restart while I'm playing games.  It takes roughly 5-10 seconds for the tv to turn back on and find the signal again.  This does not turn off the 360, and in-game time still passes, as I've killed enemies while the tv started to restart.  I've checked the connections, and they are not loose.  There are no games that this is specific to: it's happened while I was playing Fallout 3, GTA 5, Assassin's Creed 4, and most recently Dishonored.  I haven't found a solution to this very annoying problem yet.  Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It could be an issue with either the TV or the HDMI cable.  Have you tried to use a different cable or hooked up the composite cables to test?

If you connect the composite cables and this issue no longer occurs then the issue would lie with the TV itself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Composite cables work fine.  We have a wii and a ps2 hooked up to it too, and the tv has never turned off.

Sorry this didn't help.

Are they connected via HDMI?  If so, perhaps the issue lies directly with that particular port in the TV.  The 360 has no access whatsoever to turn your TV on or off.

Sorry this didn't help.

The xbox 360 is connected by hdmi. The wii and ps2 are by composite. Idk, maybe I just need a new cable...

Sorry this didn't help.