360 Slim Really Loud, Occasional Freezing

Lately my Xbox 360 Slim has been acting up.  It's been getting ferociously loud, not even my old 2006 360 or fat PS3 were this loud, so I'm pretty confident that something is wrong.  Sometimes it get's loud even when playing games on my HDD, but the noise is different from the games playing from the tray.  The system has also been freezing when loading XBLA games and sometimes after exiting the Avatar editor. 

The console was manufactured in late August 2010 so I wanted to know if this is still covered under warranty and also if they do a thorough job checking for the causes of the loud noise and the freezing  It sounds like both a bad disc drive and hard drive to me, but I want to know if they actually test the whole system first.  I'd hate for them to fix the hard drive when it was really an overheating GPU or something like that.  I'm just not sure because the problem comes and goes and is hard to find where it's coming from.

Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Well it sounds like a Xbox problem, Not a HDD. but for the record, You have tried a Different HDD right?

Also you should still be under a warrenty, You can find that info by calling support

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your best bet would be to send your console off for repairs. They will run tests on the system to pinpoint the problem with your console and make the repairs that are necessary.

You should still be under warranty.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.