360 slim disc tray rarely opens by itself.

I bought a 360 for $50 from a friend of mine, it has a non-stock fan inside which was put in by the owner before my friend, meaning he took it apart far before I did, and I have taken it apart too so I'm not worried about that. My friend owned it for a while before deciding he wanted a new one and sold me his. When he had it, the disc tray apparently had no problem opening (according to him). But since I've had it, it hardly ever opens on it's own. I usually have to tap the plastic shell on the console repeated times for it to open, and then when it does open the lighs around the power button on the console flash continuously until the tray closes by itself 5-10 seconds later. I tried blowing it out with compressed air with no luck, and I'll be replacing the fan with a quieter one in the next few days so if i can find a solution to this before I take it apart, then I can fix it all at once. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I think your friend lied to you about the disk tray problem. Since the console has been opened up already Microsoft cannot help you.

Personally I never really had issues when I take apart stuff (Computer Science Student, PC Gamer, etc etc) but personally I think you should get your money back.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.