360 slim casing sound

Hi. I just got a new 360 slim, and I've that when I push down on the main vent I hear either a large or minimal creaking or snapping noise, and while I am positive it's just the plastic or metal being pushed to the point of sound I just wanted to make sure.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why are you pushing down on the vent??

There is a fan spinning there,you are probably making it grind against the case when you push down on it.

Why are you pushing down on the vent in the first place? Is the sound concurring only when you push on it?

I probably exaggerated there and should say that I'm more resting my hand on it to feel how hot it is.

I actually also wanted to ask to make sure that it's normal to hear some minor popping/cracking sound from the Xbox when you turn it on/off due to the plastic/metal heating or cooling and expanding/contracting.

You must have pretty big hands then... still, I would advise not resting or placing anything on top of your console.

I wouldn't.

Meh.

meh? but anyway it is normal to hear the casing make very small popping sounds on its own from heating up/cooling down, correct?

NO

Are you sure? My old one did that and ran absolutely fine. Maybe you have the volume too loud to hear when you play?