360 Slim and Wireless Dongle.

My friend recently bought the Slim, and it struggles to stay connected to her wireless router downstairs.
Our phones and laptops all have a fair signal, and they never disconnect, but her Xbox only picks up one bar, and then refuses to connect half the time.
But it seems to work flawlessly when connected directly to the router with an Ethernt cable.

So it seems as if the wireless adapter in the console is the problem here? Would picking up a wireless dongle help at all or would it be a waste of money?

Thanks for any help given.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

There could be several factors playing a part in her not getting a good signal. One could be the distance from the console to the router. You say the router is downstairs and the console is upstairs, depending on the building materials used there could be interference or even blockage between the two devices. One solution would be to move the router closer to her console and see if the issue still persists. The second could be the wireless signal is not strong enough or there is another device interfering with the signal such as a cordless phone, microwave, etc.

The problem is not within the router or the console since you said both work just fine when connected with an ethernet cord. I would check the above mentioned issues and see what you come up with.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply!

Well the router can pick up next doors connection with a full 4 bars, which we thought was weird since hers is only downstairs : \

I'll try messing around with it the next time I'm over though.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.