360 Slim AC Adaptor sounds like a lawnmower

Turned on my console a few days ago and as soon as I did so, my AC adaptor started making noise, comparable to a lawnmower.  Played for a couple hours and the noise didn't got away.  Have turned on and played the console a few times since and its still making this terrible noise.  I'm assuming I need to replace it, but how do I go about this.  The console was bought brand new in Jan and I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for such a replacement.  Thanks for the help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

L L CL0UTHIER Hey there :)

Can you please go to THIS page and follow the steps 1 to 6 on there. Once you have done this, can you please confirm whether the noise of your power supply has returned to a normal 'acceptable' state and that the colour of the light on your power supply is either a solid green or solid orange?

Failing this, I want you to go to THIS page and drop down to the section titled "Power Supply Placement, Temperature and Noise". Once you are there, please follow the guidelines set out in that section to see if this resolves the problem for you.

If the above methods do not resolve your problem, I urge you to stop using your power supply immediately and order a replacement power supply unit from HERE. You will have to register your console first. If you are under warranty then you will not be charged for the replacement. You will be informed of whether you are still under warranty once you have registered your console.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.