360 slim 250 gig hard drive

Hello Everyone,

So I am looking to buy a 250 gig hard drive for my slim 360.  I was looking on ebay and even craigslist and i see people selling them for 60 bucks.  I did some reasearch and it appears people are buying their own 250 gig hard drive and putting it in microsoft cases and selling them.  Can you not get banned for it?  I don't wanna buy a microsoft drive from someone only to get banned.

Over a year ago I purchased a 360 from someone on craigslist only to get the console banned and me out of a lot of money.  And of course microsoft didnt rectify anything which of course I should have known coming from microsoft, but all that aside, I don't want to have to worry about buying a 250 gig hard drive from someone on craigslist or ebay who say its a genuine drive and next thing i know i'm banned.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Only buy a hard drive from a microsoft authorized retail store I.E Gamestop, best buy ,ect.

Anything you buy from a private party will always have some sort of risk attatched with it.

and yes, you may be banned if this is discovered as it is considered tampering and modifying your console which is against the TOU. So just to be safe, i would nto buy anything from craigslist.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thanks that's what i figured, and doesnt suprise me microsoft would sell a 60 dollar hard drive for 120... way to try to get people to buy your product, geeez

thanks for the reply

Sorry this didn't help.

Try Amazon.com you might find a good price there and they are very good. : )

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks i found one for 86 dollars on amazon with microsoft box new.  Unfortunately i gotta wait now until the 5th :) so hopefully by then ill see another good deal.

Thanks guys for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure you read the comments and check to see if it's official OEM and not some laptop HDD in a specialized 360 casing. These HDDs not only violate ToU, but they are incompatible with many game installs and original Xbox emulation.

Sorry this didn't help.