360 s won't pick up wifi signal when hdmi is plugged in?

Hey guys, I am having trouble connecting to my wifi when I have my hdmi plugged into the 360.

I have no problem locating (and connecting to) my wifi when my standard AV cables are plugged in however I purchased an HDMI cable yesterday to take full advantage of the new hd tv I have just purchased however when I have this plugged in, my 360 cannot find any wifi networks.

Please help?

Thanks,

Adam

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 106 Applies to:

Hey thanks for the reply, my 360 has the built-in wifi and when i'm using the hdmi cord it doesn't pick up any wifi networks whatsoever, however the picture is fine on the television set so I don't think its faulty? I may have to buy the component cables and see if it will work then yeah?

Just while i'm at it, will the component cables give me 1080p as the hdmi cable does now? Cuz thats the main reason I bought the hdmi cable instead of the component.

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is a tough one have you tried unplugging your network adapter from your xbox? Or resetting your router while you have the xbox connected with the hdmi cable. Is the problem just that you can't connect to your network, or do no networks show up when you use the hdmi cable.

If you know someone who has an hdmi cable I recommend you ask to borrow it and see if you can connect to your wifi with their hdmi cable. At least this way you can determine if the problem is the cable you bought. I don't know how connecting the hdmi cable would mess with the xbox's ability to connect to a network.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. The AV cable that I purchased hasn't got the component cables, only the old school red white and yellow so that won't work for 1080p. I think I will go ahead and purchase a set of the component cables and try them out to see if that will allow me to pick up my wifi network?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there manut!

The component HD-AV cable support video output of 720, 1080i and 1080p. The AV cable that came with your console should support 1080p. Are you able to try with a different HDMI cable if the one you are using now is leaking or defect. If your TV is one of those smart models with built in Wi-Fi try turning this feature off.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, manut. I want to echo what taidara mentioned. What kind of TV do you have? If it's wifi enabled I would recommend turning off that feature and attempting to connect to a wireless network again. That could very well be the source of the issue. Give it a shot and let us know if it helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm almost certain with component cables the best you would get is 1080i for 1080p you would need the hdmi cable which for some reason is preventing your console to detect wireless network ,how about connecting to your network whilst using the component once its connected the Xbox should remember and always automatically connect.

So I suggest connecting to your network and then switching to the hdmi cable let me know if this is possible

Sorry this didn't help.

You SHOULD NOT have to buy a new cable to use the wifi on your Xbox. I use wifi on my slim which is connected 1080p via HDMI.  If I were you, I'd contact customer support and see about getting a replacement console. Sounds like there is a faulty connection somewhere and using HDMI is causing problems. They should be able to help you out, as long as your still within warranty.

Sorry this didn't help.