360 S Unrecognized disc Error

I'm having the same issue with my 360 S and I've found that I have to let the console sit and "warm up" before it will read discs for me. Xbox Support, thus far, has been little help in resolving the issue, sending me through the same troubleshooting steps over and over again. I've tried cleaning my new Skyrim disc, clearing the cache, deleting any corrupted data from the hard drive, deleting my gamertag and all it's contents from my hard drive and recovering it, removing the hard drive to try to run a game without it, and made sure that all of the country codes were correct through the game and the console, but none have fixed the issue. Maybe I'll try the lens cleaner to see if that works...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Piper! I'm sorry to hear you aren't able to slay those dragons right now. Can you tell me if Skyrim is the only game you are having issues with, or does this happen with other titles or DVDs as well? If Skyrim is the only one, perhaps try getting a replacement disc from the retailer and trying that out. Also, are you able to play these same games/movies in other consoles? Let me know what you find out, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same issue, but my 360 s does not recognize any of my 360 games even ones without scratches.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Ryan,

If you could please create a new thread as this one is pretty old.

You can create a new one by CLICKING HERE

Sorry this didn't help.