360 remote

I just got the new xbox 360 remote and I got the code to work for my tv. The remote turns on/off the tv..but it doesn't work with the xbox.. What do I do? Any suggestions would be great! thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Hey there Three! Just to confirm, you have the newly redesigned black remote, correct? With regards to the TV, does the remote do both power and volume for the device? With regards to your Xbox console, does it not do anything to control your console, or will it do some controls? Do you have a direct line-of-sight between the remote and the console, or is the console obstructed (ex. in a cabinet, etc)? Let me know, thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem, my remote is the new sleek black, it works on the tv and my sleek black xbox, but not on my wife's 60 GB white xbox, is it just not compatible with the older xboxes?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Wolf! Do you have any other consoles, either model, that you could test this with as well? If we see a pattern emerge, we can narrow down what's really going on here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue.  It work with my new Xbox 360 S but not my older (white) Xbox 360.  I unpluggest my 360 S and it is still not working with the white one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Diddy! I understand you are having some trouble with your media remote. Do you have any other media remotes that do work with your old console? Could you also check to see if this remote works on a third console? These tests will help us narrow down the cause of the issue. Let me know and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.