360 Power adapter making weird noises ?

I have a year or so old 360 (not slim) and the power adapter is starting to make a lot of noise , it has always been on a very cool well ventilated  floor.

So far it is still working and nothing has happened, just wondering how long I might have.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

What colour is the light on the side, and what sort of noise is it? The original power adapter does hum a bit, but yours must be noisier than normal. If you're smelling any electrical burning there could be a problem, otherwise its probably just old so there's nothing to worry about. Keep it away from anything flammable, just in case ;)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same here mate. I have a limited edition Halo 3 console that has just made 4 years and my power adapter sounds like a donkey carrying 100 kilograms up a vertical cliff. It's been like that for at least 3 years now so if you're as lucky as me it'll last. Its red ringed so I’ve had it fixed by MS.

My console however is practically dead makes obscene sounds tray won't open unless pried. What can i say my original Xbox hasn't ever had any problem in 10 years this is a major fail by Microsoft, however just keep on marching it through the weeks and months until it breaks.

Sorry this didn't help.

The light is green and yes the donkey scenario fits perfect though it eventually stops for some hours, it's not so bad since I wear headphones all the time anyways.

No electric or other smells.

Sorry this didn't help.