360 Network card

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 80 Applies to:

The network card in my 360 is going out and no longer functions correctly. I can connect to x-box live most of the time. However it will disconnect frequently. The first time I connect my NAT is open. Once I disconnect the NAT will be moderate. It is not the network cable and is not the router. I can ever port forward the 360 and it will still do the same thing. The network card is also putting noise on the line. I would switch to the wireless adapter but that part of the card quite working a few years ago just before I got the red ring. Form my research their is not a way for me to replace the network card in the x-box. My only choice is to buy a new one or send it in for repair. My question is there an alternative way to fix this?

You should also note all other devices on my network work fine with the router. Only the x-box has a problem with the NAT which is open.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you're sure the wireless adapter in your console is at fault, then it appears you've listed the only solutions: getting a repair, a new console, a wireless adapter, or setting up a wired connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

I switched to the wired connection about two years ago when the wireless quit working. I was hoping I could change the network card myself. I should not have to pay $100 to replace a network card.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry but opening or modifying your console is against the Terms of Use, and can result in a ban from Xbox LIVE. In order to avoid that, you'll want to set up an official repair. You can do so here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im having the same problem. At first I thought it was the hard drive because my profiles were taking forever to load. So after buying a new HDD same thing. When I pull the ethernet cable out, the profiles load right away. Once I put a ethernet cable in same thing. Also tried via wireless. Now when i try to go back to hard wire my xbox keeps telling me to plug a cable in. Once the profile does load (after 5 minutes) I try to connect to LIVE only to tell me I can't. Anyone else have this issue? I just talked to support and of coarse my warranty expired 10 days ago. XBOX said they will review and possibly try to give me a courtesy repair. I've already have one XBOX replaced due to RRoD. Funny how this is the newest XBOX I have and i takes a dump. Im pretty sure its the ethernet card. Are these symptoms a pc ethernet cable will have? Anyone have any ideas?  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lenmo - since this is an older thread, and we'd love to get more relevant information from you as far as diagnostics and such, can you create a unique thread with info requested from our Start Here sticky? You can find that here: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx . This will allow us and the community to focus properly on your issue, and not be distracted by the OP's in this year+ old thread. Thank you so much!

Sorry this didn't help.