360 immulator for xbox one release date??

has any one figured out yet or heard when the 360 immulator for xbox one will be released??  if so when? please give a date if possible.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Currently there's been no date announced. I swear I heard holiday 2015 when it was announced at E3 but I could be totally wrong.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Yeah bowski477, I'm sure I heard the same thing. It will release holiday 2015, so probably sometime in the autumn/fall this year.

IRB

Yeah your looking around November time I would guess

I actually read the title of the thread as the 360 immolator. For a brief moment I had visions of Microsoft burning people to death for failing to renew their Gold subscription.

The emulator is working really well at the moment and I've had many laughs at people who refuse to believe that Microsoft have managed to emulate the 360 to any degree "but it's not powerful enough, they've obviously just remade the games for the One."

I just bought mass effect in sale looks better as its upscaled to 1080p which is a bonus

Is the 360 emulator the same thing as backwards compatability, or have I missed something and it is something completely different?

^^^^^^^

yes it's the same thing. The op didn't spell it right.

I don't believe X1 BC is emulating 360 games. Least not in the way one would normally view it.

I could be wrong, but at this point in time. I just don't see it as emulation at all.

its launching a fake 360 dash in order to make them run, so yes it is emulating the 360.

^ Emulating anther console is leaps beyond merely emulating games such as Original xbox games playable on the 360.

Hence my initial post.