360 Controller Issue!

I have an official black Xbox 360 controller that is about 2yrs or so old and it just randomly started acting up. It makes my GTA V character walk in small counter clockwise circles and hinders me from selecting anything on Netflix and from scrolling anything with the thumb stick. I have never dropped the controller or even put a scratch on it so its pretty odd that this is happening. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello Kraken 322, as much as it sounds like a loss for an answer, it sounds like your controller is likely just coming to the end of it's life cycle. After 2 years of use, the small parts that tell the xbox where the joysticks are located on their axis get worn out and start to cause some erratic movements. Your best solution would be to pick up a new controller, which isn't a perfect solution as it costs a fair amount of cash, but you can also try picking up a used one. Hope this helps a bit.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah that figures lol. Ill have to resort to using my wired controller for now. No point in buying a new controller for the 360 since the X1 is out. Now I just have to find one lol.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.