360 Arcade will not read discs

Note- I have read and tried the existing guides on both Xbox.com and the internet. I have tried anything that does not require me to dismantle my console. I mainly post here due to the above^ not working.

Anyway. My xbox has encountered the 'double click' or 'open tray' error, where my discs aren't being recognized. This error is causing a great deal of annoyance as I cannot play my disc-based games, DVD's and CD's.

When I have a disc in the console, I close the drive and hear two loud noises repeated and can not hear the disc spinning inside the console. 

Games tested-

Halo: Reach

Mortal Kombat

Street Fighter

Halo 4

Battlefield 3 

Battlefield 4

Halo 3

All of these games have been played recently, with some being played the day this error started. 

My xbox is an arcade, the warranty expired in 2010, so I'm happy with the amount of usage I got, and thus am not as bothered about buying a new.

Questions-

When on the website, I went through the process, but got a message saying there were no repairs Microsoft could do- Is this because the console is no longer under warranty?

Now it isn't under warranty, will I be able to send it for repairs at all?

Thanks, in advance. Sorry if that's all confused and jumbled.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 61 Applies to:

Unfortunately it seems as though their is nothing you can do to repair your console. Your alternative would be to purchase a more updated version of the Xbox 360 console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As long as you did not try to repair or take it apart MS will fix any 360 in and out of warranty but if out of warranty you will have to pay for it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.