320 GB hard drive is TOO small

This game sale that is happening right now has left my 320gb hdd with 0 space.Ive been complaining for month about this over the phone to xbox reps, the best suggestion they could come up with is to purchase a second hard drive, which I dont want to do, only because switching hdd's for games is just a straight pain in the butt. Looks to be my only option though sadly. I wanted to buy a few of those on sale games but have NO room to save them :(

Anyone hear of any plans to release a larger hdd? Ive googled "320 gb hdd is too small" but the results came up with nothing newsworthy.    

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Because.. it's not. Delete things you don't use on your HDD. Simple as that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im not about to delete anything that cost me money. it would be like throwing discs away that you have purchased. Ive spent a few thousand on microsoft points over the passed few years. I'd understand if I kept the "free" content, which Ive already removed. But am not about to start deleting arcade and games on demand, just to buy more........ Sounds like silly assistance to me. At least the customer support guys suggested I buy another hdd. Even the reps I spoke to agreed with me in regards to the hdd being to small for my account.

Yes the 320 gb hdd is TOO small. Ive no room to install a disc based game if I wanted to.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a 250 gigabyte hard drive on my Xbox Slim and I just try to delete what I don't need. Sometimes, some games I already installed get deleted so I can make more room. I don't have anything against digital content, it is just space limitations, but we aren't at that time of digital age yet. But I do agree we need bigger hard drives, but since the new Xbox is rumored to be announced this year, I highly doubt any new bigger hard drives will come out.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no demo's or installed games. Just add on content and over 200 arcade games and 20+ games on demand now.I have no intetnions of using/swapping hdds anymore nor deleting what Ive paid for, as Ive done that with the 20gb and the 60gbs the 120 was fine for longer than the 60, then the 250 came out a couple years ago. which again was fine for a while, Then the 320's came out on the L.E consoles so I bought a gears of war system just to get the hdd upgrade in Sept of 2011. which again I thought was ok.....Till now. Im waiting on the 500gb hdd upgrade now lol.once again, I would probably buy a new console if it had a bigger hdd.  

They should allow for any 2.5" hdd to work. That should be their final hdd increase as Im pretty sure originally you could put whatever size you had at the time. as we've seen them go from 20-60-120-250-320  as I watched my account grow beyond each limit when they were all released Im at that point where 320 is just too small for me. I remember paying $200 from walmart for a fusion color 120gb hdd when they came out.When the 250's MW2 consoles came out, I bought one instead of buying the stand alone hdd.  

Sorry this didn't help.

..You do know that if you delete something off your hard drive to make space.. you can redownload it at any time, right? You'll free up space on your hard drive and if you ever want to play it again, or watch it(if its a movie).. you can just hit download.  I've probably spent over 30,000 MS points on the marketplace and I'm using a 120GB HDD. I've still got space. Just don't delete save files.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Rebelled"]

..You do know that if you delete something off your hard drive to make space.. you can redownload it at any time, right? You'll free up space on your hard drive and if you ever want to play it again, or watch it(if its a movie).. you can just hit download.  I've probably spent over 30,000 MS points on the marketplace and I'm using a 120GB HDD. I've still got space. Just don't delete save files.

[/quote]
This.

You can always go back to your download history, and download anything that you've already purchased once before.

Sorry this didn't help.

How do you manage to run out of room.

I've been playing my Xbox for over 2 years, installed everything, downloaded lots, and still haven't used up 250 GB.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would rather not have to remove 4+ gigs of content to have to redownload 4+gigs later when I want to use it. Thats a waste of bandwidth if you ask me. Only option is 2 hard drives.

Sorry this didn't help.

Easily, 200+ arcade games and 20+ games on demand. I just bought 4 titles in the latest sale. ate up the remainder of my 320gb

Sorry this didn't help.

you can add external usb drive up to 16gig

Sorry this didn't help.