3 Red Rings

My xbox has 3 red rings. The error code is: 0020 .. I need to figure out how to fix this. PLEASE HELP! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that code means you need a repair. If it is under warranty, you can get it fixed, but if it's not you will have to pay for the repair or buy a new console.

Click to set up a console repair

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

for mine i took it apart as it is out of warranty, if yours is still in don't do this, while i was in it i looked at my inter-cooler fan and realized only one of the two fans was running, so i originally thought i needed a new fan and tried to buy one, i was lucky and couldn't find one, ill tell you why i was lucky, i found out that the red wire coming from the fan that plugs into the board was not working right, by using an alternate power (don't do to risk of electrocution) i found out the fan worked fine, so i then tested hooking up the red wire into on of the other 3 prongs for the fan power and hooking up the black to complete the circuit and turned on the xbox (again don't do) and found out that the place the red wire would plug was not getting power so now i plan on re soldering the spot to see if that works, ill get back to you if it does because if you are not under warranty this my help, if you are still under warranty don't take the xbox apart as it voids the warranty and you are then on your own.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there your console may or may not need repaired. Please use the Flashing Lights Wizard on xbox support to see if your console needs repair.

support.xbox.com/.../flashing-lights-solution

You may still be covered under warranty depending upon how long you've had your xbox. You have a standard parts and repair warranty and an extended the red ring warranty that lasts 3 years. Although these warranties are only valid if your console was purchased new.

Sorry this didn't help.