3 red lights

I would like to file a complaint on the situation I currently am in at the moment and over live chat to Kenneth was advised to file a complaint and note my fault to this section and someone would return to me with an answer. Currently I have used Xbox for 4-5 years now - my old game tag which i had Xbox live on i used for a couple of years then after moving I purchased a new black Xbox (to match TV colour) and now I am getting 3 flashing red lights indicating that the hardware is faulty - i have checked power source and such as the self help directs - however still issue remains - I have a new game tag which i want to sign up to xbox live with meaning i will be paying you! but I can't do this as your equipment has gone faulty and wish me to pay £70 to have this fixed?? - Is there a way we can agree to get this fixed if i sign up to xbox live or you will be losing a customer who regulary buys games and is signing up to xbox and will switch to Ps3 which dont ask to pay for online gaming if you are not prepared to fix your own fault - I am sorry if this has came across arrogant i really dont mean it to - and its hard to talk over here as you never really get the impression that the customer means - but dont take this as me being arrogant or anthing like that, I understand there are things that are in place for reasons I just wish to note my frustation over this and see if there is a compromise you are will to take to resolve my situation and you may lose custom from me

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

If the console is new, it should be under warranty. You can contact Xbox support and give them your Console ID and Serial, they should issue a replacement for you.

If the console is not under warranty, then Xbox will require you to pay a certain amount to get the hardware fixed.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Red light wizard.

With you posting £70 you are in the UK. Over here we get a 1 year store warranty OP, so if its under a year just take it back to the place you bought it for a replacement unit.

If you have had it longer than that then you will need to contact MS and order a repair.
They won't barter with you for the price of a repair though, its the same price for everyone in the UK and I seriously doubt they would make an exception because you would buy some Gold membership.
But if you really wanted to try then give support a ring for the UK on Monday morning: 0800-587-1102. 

Now if you have not registered your console do that here, you can then check your warranty status. If your console is no longer covered by the 1 year warranty or the extended 3 year RROD warranty you will have to pay for your repair.

Just to mention threatening an ultimatum to go to the PS doesn't open any new doors for you OP, MS admitted their error by giving everybody the 3 year warranty instead of 1 year.
And if you would prefer gaming on a different platform that is entirely your choice.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.