3 red lights warranty?

I've registered my Xbox 360 via the UK arm of the site and have requested a repair to be told that the 3 red lights failure is not covered by the warranty and that it will be subject to repair charges.

I was always under the impression that the RROD was covered for FOC repair?

I can't imagine that the site is wrong, so how much is the charge as it does not say and I do not want to proceed any further if it is more economical to buy something else. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The 3 red light warranty was for 3 years from the date of sale. More info on the warranty is here: support.xbox.com/.../default.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why is there a time limit on the warranty?  The 3 red lights is due to a defect in the product.  

If my car had a problem with the ignition, and was recalled, the car company wouldn't tell me "Well its been 4 years since the car was bought...you'll have to PAY US for OUR defective engineering."  I had to pay 100 bucks for a repair that broke the disc drive that was due to the NXE being released and now you all want me to pay 100 bucks again for a lemon?  Can you guarantee with 100% certainty this won't happen again?

Sorry this didn't help.

First of all its not a recall, its a defect in assembly that only happens in a small percentage in these machines. I am a technician at a local american built auto dealer (we didn't take the bailout, that should give you an idea whom Im talking about) and recalls are associated with safety not for wear and tear. I understand about the whold RROD issues, i've had 2 consoles do it to me, and its aggrivating. But alot of electronic manufacturers only give a 1 year warranty period. MS has stepped up when it saw a problem and extended the warranty longer. I had a friend who has a ps3 and it died because of an update. He paid for it to be fixed at 175 dollars. well 4 months later it died agian, this time they told him it only had a 30 day warranty.

Sorry this didn't help.