3 red lights - unusual?

I have an Xbox 360 elite and recently received the RROD. However, the Xbox at no point starts up. I power it up and the lights come on and the light on my power supply unit stays orange. I have tried a new power supply and that doesn't seem to help. It was working fine and then all of a sudden it was giving me the RROD. Does anyone have any experience with this or knows if I can fix it? I no longer have warranty and my Xbox has been opened up to fix previous RRODs. Thanks

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

The RROD is caused by a general fault in the system. It could be one of a hundred things. All the RROD tells you is that a fault has occurred which renders your console unusable.

Your best bet would be to buy a new console, but if you have time on your hands and are not afraid to risk injury to yourself, or further damage to your console, then there are a bunch of YouTube guides that can help you out (only trust the YouTube videos that seem to be made by professionals, e.g. High view count and large like bar are decent sings)

Good Luck gaming, sorry to hear about your precious console :'(.