3 out of 5 xbox's Die Here

I now own 3 dead red flashing xbox's why care? well I happened to send in number 2+3 xbox for repair while under warranty. ( my 1st launch xbox got opened up and broke warranty on day2:)) My 1 repaired xbox lasted about a year and a half before meltdown. My most recent repair, I received back a different console than what I sent in. No biggie its just the newly fixed harddware that plays games. In just days after the ORIGINAL purchase warranty ends my replacement dies and now microsoft wants another $100 to fix a basically $80 unit (craigslist sells basic working unit in my area for 80-100 w/ controllers). I'm counting the days until these slim units go out of warranty, if you were smart you call up before its over and complain about overheating just so they will open it and clean it out for you for free, and before they want to charge you a hundred bux for spraying it out with compressed air!

They only care about what money you CAN spend, not the money you have already spent.

Hell .. my black original, and green halo special edition xbox ONES still work after all these years with no attention at all, but for some reason 3out of 5 360's die before they are even "brok3n in"

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

it is no doubt that xbox 360s has major problems, it's just no one at Microsoft will have the guts to admitt it.my xbox  is only 9 weeks old.followed xbox procedures found hard drive bad sent in for replacement and it has been 29 days still no hard drive. the online "help" read off the screen company policy and offer NO help at all. it is time that xbox customers let microsoft know that their "customer service" is a "RIPOFF" and the xbox 360s is JUNK.

Sandrabee

1 out of  88 children born in the US is diagnosed with autism. And the parents can't send them in for repairs or even get a replacement. Looks like you need to count your blessings my friend.

Sounds like you should move then?  Maybe only 1 out of 5 die across the street.

I've had an Elite for about 3 years and it never broke or showed RROD that had any effect and I traded it in for my new Slim about 9 months ago and that hasn't either. (both have had RROD but that was because they were unplugged for a while before but they were totally unaffected by it in any way)

So maybe you need to move to my area. Or learn how to treat tech properly.

listen to songs on myspace, not bad. Puppeteer good tune ,intro a little long 51 seconds in before vocals. could hear this being played over film credits. any radio airplay ? i'm sure you have looked into college and internet radio.

Sandrabee

How many Dentists out of 5 approve this post?  My launch 360 got smoked.  I pulled the hard drive out and smashed it.  I have an Elite and an Arcade (dropped my launch HD in here) version that seem to be doing well.  I too still have my original Xbox and a Halo Edition that work perfectly.  

Why on earth would you smash the drive.

-

If you didn't want to use it on another 360 you should have cracked the case and used it for your PC.

Have any of you ever opened your PC case and seen all the room in there and seen how big the fans are. 360 is just like a PC those parts need room to breath and MS has them crammed in a little box. If the 360 was the size of a PC case I bet the faliure rate would have been 95% less.

Bad luck dude.  I still have my original xbox (up and running), our white xbox pro 60 (still running) and our slim.  

Only had 1 issue with my old system. Still gets used by my Dad and he hasn't had any issues with it yet.