3 days to use my account after WLID was hacked

Someone hacked my WLID, changed it. I called support, all they could do was lock my account and told me to wait for an e mail. Well I got the email saying the investigation was complete and it would be another 24 hours until i got a password reset e mail, to reset the password to the WLID that the hacker changed it to. So i called , and i was told that my WLID was no longer available, that i still have to wait for the email. I have to try and sign in with the hackers WLID, and then click forgot my password, change the password, then I can change the WLID to something new. But not my old one. I am still waiting, i cannot use live, i can't even use saved games on my hard drive because i am locked out of profile!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Did they change your windows live id? When the email has been changed, that is the general process. You may have to ask phone support to file a dispute to your case, if this had not happened. Sometimes, the reset emails do not come through. If you go and try to manually do a password reset ( account.live.com/.../reset ). If it only shows the hacker's email, you must do a dispute to fix this.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, ecduval. If phone support confirmed that you would receive an email within 24 hours, I would recommend waiting for it. I would not advise you to attempt signing in with account information that is not your own. Hang in there and be sure to check all the email account associated with your account along with any junk or spam folders (just in case).

Hang in there!

Sorry this didn't help.

if u disconnect your console from internet , you may be able to play with save games and sign in offline,  beyond that you must wait until the investigation is completed and recover instructions arrive,

Sorry this didn't help.