250gb hdd will not reformat

Ok so a while back I had a hardware issue with a Xbox 360s so I purchased a new one when I went to use the 250gb hdd in the new one it said that the hard drive was unformatted, I tried to reformat it and it still says its unformatted....is there anything I can do to save this hard drive or is it time to buy a new one? (because I haven't spent enough money on Microsoft xbox consoles over the last 8 years, I am on my 4th and FINAL Microsoft console if this one craps out on me)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hi, how recently did you purchase the console and did you purchase the hard drive separately as it sounds like its the hard drive that needs to be repaired if the hard drive came inside the console when you purchased it. You can get that done by simply visiting the repair site here.

support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

If the hard drive was purchased separately from the console then the hard drive should have a 90 day warranty, if it's within that 90 days you should be able to get it repaired for free. If it's been longer than 90 days you'd need to get a new hard drive.

If you do sent it off to get repaired you could all ways use a USB drive which can be formatted by using the 360 it's self and use that for things such as game saves while you wait, hope this helped

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.