250GB HDD to 320GB HDD

I have the 250GB Halo Reach S model Xbox and I was thinking of getting the 320GB Gears of War Xbox and was wondering if there was an easy way to transfer the data. I have the transfer cable from another Xbox, but I don't think that will work for this one (let me know if I'm wrong).

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

no the only way at the moment is via USB flash drive (just back up the saves) you can then redownload the stuff from the marketplace for free as long as you have the account that bought and downloaded them originally.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There hasn't been any information if the transfer cable will work from the 250GB to the new 320GB HDD.

But in case it doesn't you will have to use a USB flash drive, which is at least 1GB on size and a maximum of 16GB. After that, you will also need to transfer your licenses over to the new Xbox. Go to xbox.com/drm for more information.

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks guy i was wondering the same thing

Sorry this didn't help.

The Data Tranfer Cable will not transfer data from one Slim HDD to another Slim HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

A Microsoft employee tweeted that 360S transfer cables will be available starting September 20 from some retailers (and more in October).

@AceyBongos Graeme Boyd
Xbox Slim to Slim transfer cables will be available from GAME (UK) and Gamestop (non-UK) from 20/9, all other retailers from October.

14 Sep via web

Sorry this didn't help.

I just tried it from a slim 250gb hd to a 320gb hd, no luck. I noticed that the cable I was using is almost identical and the same as the previous one released by Microsoft. However, it is black instead of gray. I didn't want to lose time doing this method via usb drive as it is time consuming and also i'd have to manually go into my download history and re-download everything all over again to whereas with the transfer cable I would of just left the xbox on transferring everything. Now to transfer over 200gb of content..........

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a new version of the Transfer Cable that does work with the 360 S hard drives. For more information: www.xbox.com/.../Xbox-360-Hard-Drive-Transfer-Cable

Sorry this didn't help.

The black transfer cable is the new cable as it has the serial ata connector for a slim hd and a connector for the older 20 - 250 gb xbox 360 hd.  I have a mw2 super elite with 200+ gb of data I do not want to transfer in small portions to my new slim 320gb.  I think it's a shame that the Xbox transfer software built in slim doesn't support all official Xbox 360 hard drives.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Muffdiver15"]I think it's a shame that the Xbox transfer software built in slim doesn't support all official Xbox 360 hard drives.[/quote]What are you talking about? It supports all official HDDs, including the original console 250GB HDD.

If your 250GB HDD is not being detected, power up the new console, then connect the cable. Wait a few seconds, then connect the original HDD to the cable. There are reports that connecting the original drive to the cable first, then the cable to the new console doesn't work.

Sorry this didn't help.