250gb Hd formatted as USB storage device

Long story short was trying to transfer content from the old 20 gb hd to the new 250gb hd and somehow in the process managed to format the 250gb hd as a usb storage device.

How can I reformat 250gb hd back so console will recognize it as a hard drive? Currently will only recognize it as a usb device if plugged in via cable. If I put it into the hard drive slot shows nothing.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Once the drive's factory formatting and security data is destroyed, there's no way to restore it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I sure hope not:(  I swear between RRODs/DVD drive/ and this MS Xbox execs must sit and chortled about how much extra money they make in sales by forcing customers to repay for stuff in order to do something.

Sorry this didn't help.

this is why you do NOT use the 'third party' aka knock off transfer cables they are NOTORIOUS for formatting 360 hard drives into USB flash drives and once they are done there is NO reversing the damage.  your ONLY option is sad to say you have to buy another hard drive and get a cable from a reputable place like game stop or any stores that sell the real transfer cable.

Sorry this didn't help.