250 gig Slim problem.

My 10 month old 250 gig Slim model has decided to randomly start turning itself off and resetting the HD output settings to default.

I have heard this could be an overheating issue, but my console sits alone on an open glass shelf near no other electrical equipment in a well ventilated dust free room near to an external air vent.

It happened twice after booting up and sitting in the dashboard for a minute or two.

I am very familiar with the workings (or should i say not workings) of the Xbox 360 as i have had 7 other consoles fail on me since launch (4 bought and 3 with new internals from Microsoft) and this is a new problem i have not seen before, the console also randomly crashes and the power supply is louder than the console...

Any info will be gratefully recieved.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Seems like a power supply overload, this has only happen once to me and that is when the console got liquid into it, which may not be relevant to you but that liquid provided a abnormal and inadvertent connection between the solder which made the console crash and reboot after warming up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.