250 GB HDD problem

I have a 16 GB Xbox Console which I bought in 2007. After 4 years the 16GB were not enough and bought the 250GB HDD. After transferring everything over i had no problems for a month so far up until yesterday. While playing Halo: Reach I got a message saying "Failed to Write". I returned to the dashboard and everything was extremely slow. I know its not my connection because I just recovered my Gamertag on my old 16GB HDD and everything is back to normal, i was able to play Halo: Reach with no problem at all. While using the 250GB HDD, I am unable to play any games as they say they cannot be read after loading the game up and the dashboard is very slow. While trying to sign out I was waiting for at least 20 minutes to do so. Ive looked around for a solution and many places said to delete my Profie Only and recover the gamertag on the my 250 GB HDD. I cleared the system cache, deleted some stuff that I did not need or played anymore but to no avail. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I can't return the product because its past the 30 days of purchase and have no store warranty as they dont sell one for this item. Is there a warranty with Microsoft for it? I really hope someone can help me with my situation as I really dont want to buy a new HDD.

Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Did you try to recover your account?, I notice you mention you had seen that as advice but you did not state if you had tried it yet.

And check your HDD for any corrupt files, they will be highlighted with an exclamation mark.

Just to be sure it is the HDD could you remove it and see if the console works correctly.

Do not try this yet but an option to try and resolve this would be to format the HDD, but before doing this you would need to move any files you wished to keep onto a flash-drive. Things like game saves and possibly your profile.
Wait on doing that until you try the console without the HDD, and post back to let us know if its improved things or not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The very first time i tried recovering my account on the 250 GB HDD, it took me nearly 5 hours to complete but it did not help. Ive taken the HDD out and the console worked fine. It also worked fine using my old 16 GB HDD as well. I'll go through the files one more time but I believe i deleted the corrupt files when I was trying to free up space the first time as mentioned in my original post but I might have missed something.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just went through all of my files and found no more corrupt files.

I have enough room to place everything back on to my 16 GB HDD. Can I transfer everything back over to the 16 GB HDD and then format the 250 GB HDD?

Sorry this didn't help.

Delete the installed game (Halo: Reach) and then install it back onto the new console (250GB Hard Drive).

Sorry this didn't help.