Setup: XBOX 360-Slim 4gig, Ethernet, Kinect
Last night, I received the mandatory update message and accepted the update.
After it downloaded (and maybe installed) the 360 performed the typical restart.
My 360 is now freezing at the 360 splash screen and if I have the Kinect plugged in, it gives me some message indicating that the Kinect hardware requires an update and that I need to go to xbox.com/update for more information.
I have since unplugged the kinect hardware to see if this improves things but it doesn't, it simply doesn't pop up the above message but remains frozen on the splash screen.
So now... after downloading the update... my xbox 360 is bricked and has the following symptoms.
1. When I power the 360 on, it hangs at the 360 splash screen.
2. With the Kinect plugged in, I receive a message indicating that an update is required for my Kinect hardware.
3. While the 360 is hung up, I can hit the XBOX button on the remote but all commands other than 'shut down' freeze the blades.
4. I have tried the 'power off and wait 5 minutes for reset' method but no luck.
5. I have restarted the XBOX in every possible combination of ethernet and Kinect operations I can think of.
XBOX chat support indicated that this will be fixed by Saturday. Not optimistic.