2012 the death of racing games?

i need my regular fix of racing games but the only ones i have plated this year have been average at best--- needfor speed the run,ridge racer unbounde,dirt showdown  sbk generations and mud.

2011 was a vintage year--- f1 2011, forza 4, dirt3.i also enjoyed shift 2 and wrc2.wrc2 was a great game,very underrated

dirt showdown required littlle skill was too gimmickey.the tracks were boring and no braking required.but a lot of players liked the simplicity of the game.i really hope this isnt the future for racing games.

we are now 6 months into 2012 and still no sign of a really good racer. is there any hope for this year?

Discussion Info

Last updated September 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

F1 2012 and Forza Horizon ?

yeah its good f1 is coming out but i thought forza and dirt 4 coming out next year.

I still rate Project Gotham Racing 4 as the Daddy of them all. PGR 5 would be nice...

Bit dramatic but F1 2012 is out shortly. Dirt released Showdown this year and the regular Dirt is out next year. Hardly the end of racing games lol but hey-ho what ever floats your boat.

F1 2012, Forza Horizon, Need for Speed: Most Wanted

GRID

I heard Test Drive Ferrari Legends is out on the 39th of Julember

the point i was trying to make is that there seems to be a trend to dumb down racing games to appeal to the casual gamer. racing games where you just hold down the accelerator button and where you have bland tracks where you dont really have to learn and memorise a course.as i say i know these type of games are popular because they are so easy to get into. but im missing games that have a steep learning curve.

test drive ferrari legends is coming out.? yeah and santa clause is real. what is happenning with that game .its a mystery.

Ferrari Legends info - forums.xbox.com/.../242815.aspx