2 XBoxes on 1 router problems HELP!

I have a wireless connection for my XBox, and in the other room my uncle has another console. When I try playing online and then he turns his XBox on when I'm playing a game it disconnects me from XBox Live completely. We're both using a wireless modem issued by our cable company and one cannot connect to XBox Live without the other being kicked off. The modem is not connected to a computer, so I won't understand any of the other solutions with all the tech talk as posted below.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Also, the modem/routers you get from ISP's aren't known for their flexibility. You might want to look into a gaming router to support multiple consoles.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try using one Ethernet cord and one wifi cord if not use two Ethernet cords.  Also since the modem isn't connected to a computer it could be too Weak to support two xboxes

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="gswho723"]When I try playing online and then he turns his XBox on when I'm playing a game it disconnects me from XBox Live completely. We're both using a wireless modem issued by our cable company and one cannot connect to XBox Live without the other being kicked off.[/quote]

This is usually the case with routers or modems that implement UPnP poorly.

You can try and see if there is a firmware update available for the router your ISP provided you. If you can't update the firmware yourself, or a newer firmware doesn't resolve the problem, there is probably no way around buying a new router.

Sorry this didn't help.