2 XBOX'S 1 ROUTER PROBLEM

I AM USING ONE ROUTER WHICH IS CONNECTED WIRELESS TO 2 XBOX'S THAT ARE NEXT TO EACH OTHER IN THE SAME ROOM. I HAVE TO CONNECT BOTH OF THE XBOX'S TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE IF ONE OF THE XBOX'S ARE CONNECT THE OTHER WILL NOT CONNECT AFTER A SET AMOUNT OF TIME. THIS HAS BECOME QUITE FRUSTRATING WHEN ONE OF THE XBOX'S LOOSES CONNECTION TO XBOX LIVE AND THEN WILL NOT CONNECT AFTER BECAUSE THE OTHER XBOX IS CONNECTED.

ALSO WHEN ME AND MY PARTNER ARE PLAYING ON BLACK OPS 2 TOGETHER, IF I CONNECT TO BLACK OPS SERVERS FIRST AND MY PARTNER DOES NOT AND TRIES CONNECTING 10 MINUTES LATER A ERROR MESSAGE WILL SHOW STATING THAT THE BLACK OPS SERVERS ARE DOWN BUT CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT AS MY XBOX IS CONNECTED TO BLACK OPS SERVERS AND RUNNING FINE ONLINE.

I AM NOT A GENIUS WHEN IT COMES TO ROUTER'S AND WHAT NOT BUT THIS MAY BE A SMALL MINOR PROBLEM IF ANYONE COULD HELP.

REGARDS

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 36 Applies to:

Hey there IMANNZ!

There is nothing more irritating than connectivity issues eh? Lets try and get this issue resolved for you.

Your connection is struggling with its performance, have a look here to see how you can troubleshoot this by clicking This Link

To add on; If you receive any error codes or messages, please share them here so we can further help you narrow down any issue faced.

Hope this helps!

Keep us posted!

Link.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When one of the xbox's disconnects from xbox live and i try to connect it back on again it comes up with 'can't connect to xbox live' and sometimes comes up with a error/status code. I can restart the router and it will work fine but i shouldn't have to do that every night to get both xbox's to work.

also if my xbox freezes and i have to restart my console i get a nat type of Moderate or Strict on black ops 2 which messes my playing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, if you're receiving an error regarding your NAT Click Here to try and resolve that and see if that helps!

Link.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Also please have a read of this FAQ www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../60-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah both xbox's are xbox360s internal memory. one is 250gb and other 4gb. I did contact my internet provider but didnt get far, he told me to enable UnPn or something like that which i did but problem still occurs. I've also noticed that the connection bar from the xbox to the router on both xbox's is only 2 bar and sometimes drops to 1 bar. I have moved the router around but still not much difference. the router is connected in the front room and the 2 xbox's are in the top back room. the xbox's can not be wired connection because of where im living. Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sorry this didn't help.

You need 3 or 4 bars for a good connection. Rotating the Xbox 360s a little can improve reception; try rotating it a little, one way or another, step back, then see if the reception improves. Repeat in each direction until you have the best reception possible.

If that doesn't get you to 3-4 bars, then try putting the Xbox 360s down flat if it's standing up or vice versa, then repeating the gradual rotation for the best possible signal.

If that doesn't work, try moving the entire Xbox around in that area to find the best position. You can also move the antenna(s) (if you have them) on your router to strengthen the signal.

Should that fail, a WiFi Extender such as the www.amazon.com/.../B004YAYM06 may be needed to get the signal quality needed.

I'd also try a sequential power cycle which is a good step in clearing connection problems. The order and timing of the steps is important to success:

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then

2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).

3) unplug power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.  

If the problem persists, please send us the info we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

Sorry this didn't help.

what Router do you have? If you enable UPnP ist should work.

Be sure that you run the latest Firmware of your router. If you enable UPnP you have to disable Port Forward, DMZ and so on.

If you enable UPnP you have to restart your Router. If you want to Play with 2 xboxex UPnP is the only Option you can use.

Sorry this didn't help.

As well enabling UPnP and disabling port forwarding and DMZ your router needs to have compatible firmware.

Also if you are using a static IP make sure both xboxes have different static IP's.

Some makes of router wont allow 2 or more xboxes to connect at the same time. Some compatible routers wont allow it either if they have the wrong firmware installed. so you should post you routers make and model number here and anyone with the same router as you might be able to help you get both xboxes online at the same time with open NATs.

Sorry this didn't help.

The type of router you have depends alot on how you connect wireless. such as Lynksys you only have to make sure that your paswords match the Xbox and the router. that is the same for all. now you need to check the MTU. To do this you need your defalt IP address for your router. such as Lynksys is 192.168.1.1 enter this in to your address bar on IE and it will bring up your routers setup info check and make sure your MTU is set to auto or Has a value of 1500 or more. this helps to make sure thet both mac. can "talk" to xbox live. You may want to make sure that mac address filtering is not turned on. Hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.

The MTU is rarely an issue, and even if it is, it should be set to 1364 or higher. The setting of 1500 is the largest allowed by Ethernet at the network layer, and there's no point in even trying to go higher.

Sorry this didn't help.