2 xbox account holders - 1 xbox split screen - cant hear each other through headsets

so it turns out microsoft didnt think that people with 3rd party headsets in the same room cant actually hear each other in chat. you may ask why do they wear headsets when in a split screen party ( some people do ) but my reason is simple i only have my turtle beaches as gave away the xbox ones and also the sound is still loads better than through tv, also at nights i can have it up aloud and not upset the wife or neighbours ( to simply name a few reasons - there are more )

so to recap

players: 2 xbox live account holders

situation: split screen party mode on 1 xbox

Problem: although both players can communicate with  the rest of the party they can not with each other through the headsets.

issue: headsets cover both ears and are noise cancelling ( remember xbox licences Tritton headsets so should be compatible with all xbox requirements as OEM headsets - like being able to communicate with the person sitting next to you )

if anyone else has this issue you can write the issue and solution in the comments box hear

http://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en-us;2159&altStyle=MFE&renderOption=OverrideDefault&showpage=1&fr=1&nofrbrand=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xbox.com%2Fen-US%2Fdevelopers%3Fxr%3Dfootnav

hopefully Microsoft will take action and not pass the buck - 

And if there is a current solution that xbox support and loads of other forum users dont know about ( and me ) I would really like to hear the answer

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 518 Applies to:

It is possible you guys have one muting the other or even both muting each other, I know when I have Xbox parties for new online games I have a few  Xbox set up and the ones with the basic Xbox headsets usually put some of us on mute so they don't hear double and sometimes it does it automatically.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply but surely if it was muted then we couldn't communicate with other party members ( which we can ) we simply cant get the two playings on the same xbox to talk to each other - any clues?

also if 1 set was muted how do you un-mute it?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well how muting doesn't have to be a party, but a single person, lets say you don't like how someone is talking they will be muted and so you can't hear them and they can't hear you, just like what you are experiencing (If this is the right Option to fix it)

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Friends, and then select your friends gamertag.
  3. Select Unmute.

Sorry this didn't help.

thats great il give that a go thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

na - he was already unmuted - strange

Sorry this didn't help.

now he needs to check on you, to make sure he didn't mute you.

Sorry this didn't help.

no im not muted on his either - i have been speaking to xbox support about this and there seems to be no solution?? have you tried talking to some one in split screen with 2 gold accounts?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have, but I'm usually the only one that talks to friends in party, since the are my friends and not my brothers (We both have Gold Account)  plus he only plays on my console when we are play a game that I didn't buy 2 of the same game for. Xbox Support Staff are never wrong since they have more information on all things then anyone that I can think of and what they say is always correct. So if they say there is "No Solution" then there isn't for this Issue.

• What you can do is scroll down to the bottom of this page and click "Feedback". You can Suggest to Xbox what you think should be fixed/have done. I was once told by Xbox Support that most of the Feedback does get reviewed and put on the drawing board to better Xbox Products and Help the Customers.

Sorry You didn't get it fixed, but Your voice can be heard and make a difference for the next person that might have the same problem as you did.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this problem as well

Sorry this didn't help.