2 things

Can I use an external HD say 1GB for a xbox1?   will be used for   game saves and downloaded demo games from xbox live.

Is the XBOX360 on its way out? I have noticed that more new releases  games are only on the XBOX1. Take the new Batman game and Halo 5.and I could go on.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey mate, check out this link for information on storage for the Xbox One: support.xbox.com/.../manage-storage

Generally external hard drives don't come in 1gb, but if you meant to say 1tb then short answer is yes you can use an 1tb external hard drive for storage on the Xbox One.

Also they originally said that support will continue for the Xbox 360 to 2016 and have not said a word after that, so in some sense, yes the Xbox 360 is on it's way out, but that's not to say it won't be supported. Though as you said, more developers will bring out games only for the current generation and the 360 will be left behind.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am noticing that too, I still only have the 360. I think 2016 will be the last year games are made for that console if not before then. They are still going to have to entice me with a game I just have to play on the xbox1 as for now I still see no reason to upgrade yet.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.