2 RED LIGHTS

i have 2 red lights and i dont understand because i get like 5 min into a game and it just truns off with two lights flashing

[quote user="Mister Fitzer"]My console has two red lights

Okay, so your console has two flashing red lights, which usually indicates that your console is too hot and cannot cool down properly. The first thing you’ll want to check is if the area around your console is open and clean, or if it’s cramped and cluttered.

Optimize your console environment
Take a few minutes to clean the environment around your console. Make sure that nothing is sitting on top of the console, and that the ventilation ports on the console (you know, those little holes that hot air comes out of?) and power supply are unobstructed. Make sure your console is on a hard, flat surface, too. Do not leave your console on a carpet, rug, or pillow. Lastly, make sure that your console isn’t in direct sunlight, or near a heating vent.

Allow your console to cool
Turn off your console and leave it off for at least one hour. If you still see two red lights when you turn your console back on, your console will require a repair. You can check your warranty status and set one up here.

But I still have questions!

If this guide didn’t resolve your issue, or if you have questions about the steps found in this guide, then feel free to make a post in this forum! Don’t forget to include the steps you’ve already tried, to better help us help you.

[/quote]Taken from here

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same problem, went through the red light wizard, and it says it needs serviced. My xbox has already been replaced once, so I dont understand how I can have another overheating problem. Was that not fixed in the refurbished unit? I just wanna play nhl 12

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got the 2 red lights. I've kept my XBox in a clean area, flat on my wooden entertainment center. At first I read up on it and found out that the most common cause is overheating, however I had just barely turned it on for a few minutes when the fans seemed to spas out, spinning faster and faster until it red-lighted. I tried turning on the console without a game, and it works fine. The moment I put a game into the disk drive, it red lights a few minutes later. I've had my XBox for quite a few years, and this is the first time it's acted up. I'm guessing the disk drive just gave out, or the coolant fans broke or something, but since my warranty expired, I'll have to buy a new one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Your Xbox is overheating and cannot cool down properly. I would turn your xbox off, unplug and put in a well ventilated area for upto a hour so it gets enough air to cool the system down. Re-plug it all in again and see if your Xbox runs OK.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 27 Applies to: