2 Random Red Rings

ok so a few weeks back my xbox began to overheat and gave me the 2 red rings, i have an older version xbox that has been sent in for repair once. my xbox is no longer under warranty even though it was repaired under warranty. for some reason they think they can make you buy a broken product and replace it with another broken product and not have to replace it again. I do not understand the over heating issue at all. after 2 weeks the temperature outside went down and i did not receive 2 red rings. so i ve been playing since without a problem. i played cod black ops for 4 hours last night and had no problem at all. i went to work and when i came home i tried to play black ops again and it gave me 2 red rings in 5 minutes... the temp in the room is even cooler than what it was yesterday when i was able to play for 4 hours straight. I do not understand what happened since yesterday when it was fine but now i cant play at all. it wasnt even turned on once since then.

Microsoft customer support has been ZERO help and i REFUSE TO PAY $100 dollars to only receive another old broken console. If microsoft was any kind of company the would replace all the old xbox's with new ones. they knowingly deceived the public into buying something they knew was manufactured with sub par quality. They always knew these xbox's were faulty thats why they have a rediculous warranty that only last for 3 yrs... right about the time the xbox will die. so your warranty will run out right before it breaks.  

i have been playing games since 1984 and i have all of my old consoles... all of which still work...oh except my xbox360...

Microsoft is not a company to be trusted for your gaming needs. When the new generation of consoles comes out i will not be purchasing another microsoft product.

In order for me to keep playing all my games that i paid hundereds of dollars for i need to buy another xbox360 console. This is complete BS. I will be happy to part ways with xbox when sony announces its new console.. in fact im just considering cancelling my xbox live and selling my games to get money off a new ps3. 

I wonder how many broken xbox's there are out there...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I am still using my old console. I make sure and use compressed air to keep the vents clear and it's in a glass unit with multiple systems. It's not even that cool in here most of the time but i think your problem may be related to how long you play in one session because thats one thing i don't do.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.