2 Problems with my 360 Slim

Hello, recently I got my friend over to install Halo Reach to my Hard Drive as mine was laser burned from a old model of xbox. That was my old one that was the older model and I had let my nethew use it and he laser burned it. Anyway, I play Halo Reach for about 1 hour then changed game to Fifa 12 and played for 30 Mins. After this I turned my Xbox off in the normal way. The next day, I turned on my Xbox and Fifa was not being read. I changed the game to see if it was problem with the game but no, it was with the Xbox. This was weird as the I have not had any major problems with my Xbox's and the only reason I changed from Xbox 360 to slim is for the looks and less chance of breaking. I stopped and waited a day. When I came bake to my Xbox, the first thing was saying that I needed a Kinect update and needed to sign in. Then as I took of the message, the screen had a page saying to Create a new profile, recover a profile or skip.I skipped and checked my hard drive to see if my profile had gone corrupt but when I got to the Memory settings, the hard drive was not appering. This was also weird as I have never had these two problems and never had two problems at once. What are they?, do they need a repair from a shop or is there a home fix? and if so, how much?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Star,

I would try the steps below to troubleshoot the disc read issue and the hard drive not being detected. If the steps do not work you will need to have the console repaired by setting up the repair on Xbox.com or you can contact Xbox support by phone and they can setup the repair for you. I would not suggest trying to fix the console on your own as it will void the warranty on your Xbox.

Troubleshooting Hard Drive - support.xbox.com/.../hard-drive

Troubleshooting Disc Read  - support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Both do not work and my warranty is now void because I have had it over 1 year. Do you know how this could happen?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, STAR. If you have gone through both of those troubleshooting guides and the issue persists then your console will need a repair. If you have any questions about this process I would encourage you to take a look at this support article titled "How to get your Xbox product repaired." Thanks and please let us know if you need any further assistance!

Sorry this didn't help.