2 Gamertags 1 Email

I've seen this pop up a few times and each thread says "if you have this issue, start your own thread."

My brother and I bought a first generation Xbox 360 and made a gamertag using my Live account.  He got married and bought his share of the Xbox off of me and changed the email address to his own.  I then bought my own '360 and made another gamertag under my original Live account again, thinking all traces of the old gamertag were migrated.  He then sold his Xbox, so he no longer has a way to sign into his account.

We are now trying to restore his Gamertag/profile to my Xbox, but while he logs in with his email address the recovery stuff routes through mine (but doesn't show up when he tries to reset his password.)  So unless we can migrate the rest of his account over to his own Live email address, we can't get his account back.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

Call support, they can look at accounts and gamertags, adn if you provide them with correct information for them to get into account, they can give you the correct WLID. Call 18004MYXBOX, they will be able to assist you assuming you can provide the correct info to get into the account on their side.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.