2 factor authentication question

I turned on 2 factor authentication last night. On my desktop PC, because it's a trusted device, when I log into Xbox.com via Internet Explorer, I don't need to enter in a security code. That's fine. That's how I want it to work.

However, when I sign into my Xbox One, it asks me to enter in a security code, so I have to use Google Authenticator on my Nexus 5 to get a code, then type it in.

How do I make my home Xbox One a trusted device so that I don't have to enter in a security code when signing into it? 2 factor auth is useful for protecting my account if someone tries to log in on a device other than my desktop PC or my own Xbox One, but currently, because I have to enter in the security code when signing into the Xbox One, it makes me not want to use 2 factor auth at all.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 94 Applies to:

Hello SigmaTheDJ,

I apologies for the issue you are having when using 2-step authentication. However, to make your Xbox One a trusted device with your account you will need to get a Password from your live account settings. This can be found at: account.live.com/.../Manage When asked to enter the password to your Microsoft account linked with your profile, please generate a code from the 2-step authentication. Then enter that code on the Xbox. Please keep us updated...

Thank you!

Alliance United

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.