2 errors what the heck yo

It first started a few months after getting the Xbox slim 4 GB "Error A required storage device has been removed. Your console will now restart." That was random and it happens once a month. The slim has no hard drive to remove so WTF??? Then I get the 250gb hard drive by Microsoft today because I can’t play the GTA game I spent 1200 points on, I put in the hard drive in feel the click know it’s in nice and tight then bam "Game Error The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." Did that 3 times and same message, thought if I transfer all of my data to the 250 gb HD it would fix it but the larger files I get "Error A required storage device has been removed. Your console will now restart." I’ve blown air in the can all over it, no dust, nothing is touching it so WTF

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It is not recommended to use the air cans on the xbox.  The compressed air blowing through the vents can damage internal portions of the xbox itself which may be why you are getting this error now.

Contact support and see what can be done about the errors you are receiving.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was getting errors before the air cans. I just want to play this dang game i spent money on. If i wanted to get ripped off id buy a ps3

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there.

How long have you had the 4Gb console for? It may be a good idea to take it back to the retailer and get a replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

ive had it for about 4 or 5 months, i got it from Amazon.com. The console works on every game aside from that restart error from time to time, I just dont like buying something i cant use. Is there a way to get my points back?

Sorry this didn't help.

For the problems when no HDD is installed, RMA the console. There's something wrong with the internal USB-connected 4GB flash module.

For the HDD issue, what exact reseller did you get the 250GB drive from? Unofficial 250GB HDDs typically lack the partition needed for original XBOX title support. Also, do not remove/insert the HDD while the console is powered on.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im no kid i know not to yank the hd while running, i got it from bestbuy. The restart error isnt what bugs me the most its the fact i droped 1200 points i think thats about 10 15 dollars and all i get is a download the game again message. Id rather have spent that money on a pack of socks and underwear and not a message i cant do anything with. So am i just ripped off? or is there a way to fix this?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello! Could you try the solutions listed in this link? support.microsoft.com/.../971875

Sorry this didn't help.

i would rather spend my money and risk my cc # being taken buying games that will work on the PSN then spending my money on games that wont work on xbox. I gave away 1200 points on something that i cant use and cant get an answer on how to fix. And i think that is outstanding, so when my xbox live account runs out im going to box this paper weight and sell it off so that it will be someone else problem and go with the PSN because they seem to know how to get their games working

Sorry this didn't help.

They don't seem to know how to keep their Online Security uptight. Xbox Support and Xbox LIVE Ambassadors are trying to help you, but you seem not to be listening to their suggestions. Just send your Xbox in for free (Under Warranty) to a Xbox LIVE Service Repair Center.

You can submit a service repair request here.

If you are out of Warranty, you can buy a 1 year extended warranty for $24.99 or a 2 year extended warranty for $49.99 / information here.

Sorry this didn't help.

im sorry what am i missing? Icestorm III asked me where i got it from I got the harddrive from best buy and im not pullng my hard drive out while its running, i did what the link Miss Portia posted support.microsoft.com/.../971875 uninstalled and reinstalled the game now 6 times. Should i run out and get a new system? should i ship it in for 50 bucks plus shipping so that they can send me a refurbished one? i dont see what im not listening too, the randon crashes i can live with they are few and far between, its the idea if i buy more games over xbox live i wont be able to play them, id rather give the money to the homeless or buy undies

Sorry this didn't help.