I have a xbox360 in my house and one in my truck. Can I use the same sign in on both? when I switch from the road to home or vise versa I have to recover the gamer tag.
Is there a way I can use both without having to have 2 live accounts?
Your gamertag can only be on 1 console at a time. So you'll either have to recover the gamertag each time or save it to a flash drive and use that to switch back and forth.
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.
Thanks I will try that. That would be pretty cool if I can just carry it back and forth on a small thumb drive.
Yeah the thumb drive is the best option, your gamertag will corrupt after enough recoveries.
How do I copy it to the thumb drive?
I tried and I can't find where in the xbox to do it.
1. Plug the USB flash drive to the Xbox 360 console.
2. Move to the System section of the Xbox Dashboard.
3. Select Memory, and then press the A button.
4. On the Storage Devices screen, select Hard Drive, and then press the A button.
5. On the Hard Drive screen, select Gamer Profiles, and then press the A button.
6. On the Gamer Profiles screen, select the gamer profile that you want to move, and then press the A button.
7. On the Individual Gamer Profile screen, select Move, and then press the A button. You'll receive the following message:
Before moving a profile, the profile must be signed out. Are you sure you want to sign out and move this profile?
8. Select Yes, and then press the A button.
9. On the Select a Device screen, select MU, and then press the A button.
10. On the Storage Devices screen, press the B button to return to the System section.