2 360's on one router (random disconnect problems)

Hello, 

I recently got the new 360 S for my birthday and I passed on my old elite to my Mom so she can play her Pinball FX and watch netflix. Since then, her xbox has been experiencing random disconnects or else it wont connect to live on initial start up. I have managed to be able to correct the problem by restarting the router when the situation occurs but it is still a real pain in the butt. 

Both 360s are connected wirelessly. Mine with the internal from the 360 S and my Mom's with the old Xbox wireless adapter that plugs into the back via a USB. I am not an overly techy person so if anybody has any idea on how I can correct this problem I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

R4Bulletz 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You may want to check your router's manual to see if it supports DMZ.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Does the problem occur only when both consoles are powered up and online? It may help to manually set up your network so that you give each console an IP adress and DNS that you could find in your router set up (I assume each console is set to its automatic connection settings). It could also be a bandwith problem, meaning that there isnt enough internet to go around to make it to your old console. Hope one of these helps let me know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.