14 games and no probs with storage.(Discussion)

Of late it is starting to be mentioned that hdd limits on the xb1 are happening,out of these 14 games 9 are on disk,5 are dd.now on the back of the game boxes there is a specific amount of hdd that is required,but in actual fact from what im seeing on console,it is alot less in some cases once installed as follows:

-

//-GAME-                                     // -Required space- //-actual space used with updates-//

-

AC4                                                     40GB                                            20.8GB

BF4                                                     40GB                                             34.4GB

RYSE                                                    47GB                                             36.3GB

FORZA5                                                 35GB                                             31.8GB

NFS:RIVALS                                            40GB                                             15.4GB

SKYLANDERS:SF                                     20GB                                              15.7GB

ZOO TYCOON                                           10GB                                                2.6GB

LEGO MARVEL                                         10GB                                                6.4GB

DR3                                                       35GB                                                23.2GB

-

ALL DISK GAMES TOTAL:                      227GB           ACTUAL TOTAL:   185.7GB

-

PSTAR GOLF, KI,HALO:SP, PEGGLE 2, KS:RIVALSpsAll are DD's:14.4GB

-       

ALL GAMES TOTAL:                     241.4GB        ACTUAL TOTAL:  200.1GB

-

So the overall total is actually 200.1GB which is a fair bit less than stated required and as all of the full AAA games are on disk,this shows me that this panic about storage is not nessecary and stick with hard copys for the time being,it also brings up questions for me on how much of this data is actually on the hdd and on the cloud and retained on the disk.I dont know if the above numbers match that of DDs of these AAA titles.

-

Finally and primilarily it also shows that the runnings of the xb1 and its harddrive you just cannot go by all these numbers and stats on how it actually works,and its not a disaster, but a pretty amazing bit of kit.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

When did we get the patch that allowed us to see our system HD? and where do I find it?

Interesting! Thanks for the info

I'd just like to be able to see how much of my HD is free and used.

[quote user="That 1 Dude"]

I'd just like to be able to see how much of my HD is free and used.

[/quote]

So would I.

I know where the OP got his numbers from but the question is how accurate are they. I have many of the cross platform games for the PS4 where I can see the HD. It's showing numbers that are in between the disc case and the numbers that the One shows for "uninstall".

We actually only have 362 GB usable space after the OS so I'm not sure telling us not to worry when more than half that space is used up just a month after release is a good selling point.

I had only 13GB for 5 out of 6 years of playing on 360 so 362GB is more than enough for me.

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

I had only 13GB for 5 out of 6 years of playing on 360 so 362GB is more than enough for me.

[/quote]

That worked for you because you didn't play any of the games that had active multiplayer with lots of DLC.

Games like BF, Forza, GoW, Madden, NCAA football, etc stayed on my system until the next one was released. If your playing single player games and uninstalling when you finish then 10 GB would have been fine last gen.

Yet IGN the sony lovers said they filled a xboxone hard drive. [Mod Removed]

[quote user="Randver"]

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

[/quote]

That worked for you because you didn't play any of the games that had active multiplayer with lots of DLC.

Games like BF, Forza, GoW, Madden, NCAA football, etc stayed on my system until the next one was released. If your playing single player games and uninstalling when you finish then 10 GB would have been fine last gen.

[/quote]

The problem is that DVD discs have always been fine for reading from in the past. However, in the days of 50GB Blu-Ray they're forcing us to install every game and only giving us 500GB to play with. The OP says it's all fine but the console has only been out a month! I have 50+ games for my 360 and I don't plan on uninstalling every 5 minutes so I'm definitely going to need a few Terabytes in the coming years.

In regards to seeing the HDD info, I hope we get to see and play with all that soon. Having to bring up a sub-menu for every piece of software is a right ball ache and I don't see any reason why we can't have it all in one place that we can use to access all of our drives and play with them in any way we need. 

@Ravender,I spent time this afternoon,looking via games and apps and pressing the stripes button on each particular game,and it shows there via the option to unstall how much GB is used,I was really worryed today about having to have to uninstall one of my disks after getting dr3,but im buzzing ive still well over 100GB left.

-

What really interest me about this actual GB used is the comparison from DDs to disk installs,like powerstar golf isnt a big game yet dd its actually 3.9GB where as zoo tycoon on disk is only 2.6GB and zoo tycoon is loads bigger than pstar,alone with ac4 only taking 20.8Gb on disk again a ginormous game.Along with that all this actual GB used includes all the updates aswell,so its panic over I think for alot of people about storage and sticking with disks for now,im quite happy myself to wait even a year for external storage now. :)

-

Btw ac4 mp event is on...lala.

@Dynamic sausage,heya m8,yeh I say its fine and I respect its only been a month,but coming from a point of view where many,many gamers on the last gen consoles on release only had a 20gb storage and constantly uninstalling/installing disks was the norm,so you were limited to 3 maybe 4 max at once,without a doubt on xb1 we are going to be able to pretty much have 15 AAA games I would estimate at one time from disk on the hdd,im just saying I think thats fine for now while we wait for external.